LIL

Saturday, July 19, 2008

With A Bike Once Again

I am with a bike again! Actually I wanted to repair my brother's old LeMond Tourmalet road bike, but I guess due to the amount of mileage it has clocked, there are too many faulty parts. I went to the bike shop and asked for the repair costs and it amounted to about $300! My goodness!

As such, I decided to repair the mountain bike that we bought back in 2000. Amazingly, it was still in a pretty good condition. Just a few repairs were needed. So I changed the below items:

2 tyres - 2 X 12 = $24
1 tube - $6
1 chain - $28 (Old chain was super rusty)
Truing - 2 X 5 = $10 (I tried but I just didn't know how to true wheels! Have to figure this out man.)

Total: $68. Bargained a bit and got $58. Maybe it was because I bought the bike from that shop 8 years back.

Am wondering when I will bear to spend and have the money to buy a good bike of my own. I mean those that are really good.

But the main thing is that I have a bike to ride once again! Time to do some crazy stuff!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

People should read this.

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home